The Entrepreneur Institute of Mid-Michigan is a 501 c 3 non-profit organization located in Lansing Michigan. The organization was incorporated in the State of Michigan on November 20, 1995, Received 501(c)(3) status from the Internal Revenue Service on May 16, 1996 and hired its first Executive Director in November of 1996. The organization has been providing business plan development trainings for sixteen years and operating a revolving loan fund for fifteen years.
The Entrepreneur Institute is a Microenterprise Development Organization (MDO). The definition of Micro-enterprise Development is:
- An income generating strategy that helps poor, low- to moderate-income, and other disadvantaged individuals start or expand Microenterprises.
The Entrepreneur Institute works with Microenterprises throughout Ingham, Eaton, Clinton and Shiawassee Counties. The definition of a Microenterprise is:
- Association for Enterprise Opportunity (AEO): A microenterprise as a business with five or fewer employees. Many of these businesses have no employees other than the self-employed owners. Additionally, such microenterprises generally need less than $35,000 in loan capital and do not have access to the conventional commercial banking sector.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) definition: Microenterprise is defined as any small business with five or fewer employees including the owners.
- To create a system for other organizations to refer borrowers to the Entrepreneur Institute;
- To establish methods of lending to provide financing to borrowers who meet the Entrepreneur Institute’s guidelines, but cannot qualify for or afford loans from conventional financing institutions;
- To develop, implement and deliver educational programs, training and on-going assistance pro-grams; and
- To network with other governmental agencies, nonprofit and community-based organizations, businesses, and faith-based organizations.
- The Entrepreneur Institute of Mid-Michigan's primary objective is to provide small businessed and entrepreneurs with, access to capital, business plan development training and networking opportunitites. As an entrepreneurial resource for Ingham, Eaton, Clinton and Shiawassee Counties, we strive to economically strengthen the businesses, entrepreneurs and communities we serve.
- Educate – Empower – Entrepreneurs